One of four line and half tone printing blocks made at John Dickinson's Apsley paper mill to print items for St Mary's Church, Apsley.
John Dickinson patented a method of papermaking in June 1809. In 1850, the company started mechanical envelope manufacturing, with gummed envelopes. The production of fine rag paper on electrically driven machines was a successful innovation at Nash Mill. The company pioneered the production of window envelopes in 1929.