The Dacorum Heritage Trust is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us whether online or via phone, mobile, e-mail, letter or other correspondence.
By using our website, any of our services, or providing us with any personal information we will assume you are agreeing to your information being used and disclosed in the ways described in this policy.
This privacy notice sets out how we use, or process any personal information we collect from you. It is produced in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The GDPR states that personal data can only be processed if there is a legal ground to do so. The GDPR provides six legal grounds under which personal information can be processed lawfully and stipulates that an organisation’s privacy notice must include reference to this.
The Dacorum Heritage Trust takes the responsibilities under this act very seriously and we ensure the personal information we obtain is held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with that Act and all other applicable data protection laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. It can include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, fax number, bank account details, credit/debit card details and whether you are a UK tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid. We collect personal information about you when you:
• ask about our activities,
• become a member,
• become a volunteer,
• Make any purchases,
• make a financial donation to us,
• undertake visitor surveys,
• loan, gift or sell an object to us,
• register for an event,
• order products,
• subscribe to our newsletters,
• consent to The Dacorum Heritage Trust using your image,
• or otherwise give us personal information.
If you do nothing other than read pages or download information from our website, we may gather information about this use, such as which pages are most visited and which events or activities are of most interest.
This information can be used to help us improve our website and services and ensure we provide you with the best service. Wherever possible, the information we use for this purpose will be aggregated or anonymised i.e. it will not identify you as an individual visitor to our website.
We may collect health information in some circumstances (volunteering). If we collect this information, we will make it clear to you when collecting this information as to what we are collecting and why.
If you use your credit or debit card in person or online to donate to us; or purchase membership or merchandise, your card information will be collected by the payment provider. The Dacorum Heritage Trust will receive details about your order/donation but no card details are provided.
We may collect your personal information for a number of reasons, such as:
• Managing your membership;
• Volunteering at the museum;
• Managing events and other activities you participate in;
• To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested;
• To process any donation(s) we may receive from you
• To administrate your Direct Debit Donations
• To provide you with information that you have asked to receive about our work or our activities.
• To send you the items you have ordered through our shop;
• For administration purposes e.g. we may contact you about a donation you have made or event you have expressed an interest in or registered for;
• For internal record keeping, such as the management of feedback or complaints;
• To process your consent to use your image
• To store your consent to marketing
• The use of IP addresses to block disruptive use, to record website traffic or to personalise the way our information is presented to you to identify your approximate location;
• Where it is required or authorised by law; and
• Assessing your personal information for the purposes of credit risk reduction or fraud prevention (regrettably some people target charities for illegal purposes such as money laundering and, quite rightly, we are required to monitor financial activity and report suspected fraud to the appropriate authorities).
We may contact you for marketing purposes by mail, e-mail, or telephone. This will require us to have your consent prior to these communications.
It is your choice the type of communications and information you receive about our charity and the ways in which you can get involved. You can change your mind at any time by contacting us at
The Dacorum Heritage Trust Ltd., The Museum Store, Clarence Road, Berkhamsted, Herts HP4 3YL. Or by email: email@example.com
We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have asked us not to.
We will not sell or swap your information with any third party.
We may share your information with our data processors. These are trusted partner organisations that work with us in connection with our charitable purposes, your data will only be shared when it is necessary to do so.
All our trusted partners are required to comply with data protection laws and our high standards and are only allowed to process your information in strict compliance with our instructions. We will always make sure appropriate contracts and controls are in place and we regularly monitor all our partners to ensure their compliance.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so through a legal obligation (for example to the police or a government body); to enable us to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or rights under an agreement; or to protect us, for example, in the case of suspected fraud or defamation.
We do not share your information for any other purposes.
We aim to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. If any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate and either you advise us or we become otherwise aware, we will ensure it is amended and updated as soon as possible. We cleanse data every other year, your data will be checked against software to make sure that it is accurate, this data will not be passed to any third party for their use.
If you are under 18, we will not collect any personal information from you. We may collect personal information from a parent/guardian when it is deemed viable.
We recognise the importance of protecting our vulnerable supporters and follow the guidance issued by the Institute of Fundraising on treating donors fairly. We believe this helps to support our staff and fundraisers who come into contact with supporters in providing high quality customer care, ensuring anyone donating to the Charity is in a position to make a free and informed decision.
We do not transfer any information outside of the UK.
We will keep your information for as long as required to enable us to operate our services but we will not keep your information for any longer than is necessary. We will take into consideration our legal obligations and tax and accounting rules when determining how long we should retain your information. When we no longer need to retain your information, we will ensure it is securely disposed of, at the appropriate time.
For all areas of our website which collect personal information, we use a secure remotely cloud hosted server. Although we cannot 100 per cent guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, we enforce strict procedures and security features to protect your information and prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to:
• Request a copy of the information we hold about you;
• Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong;
• Change your communication preferences at any time;
• Ask us to remove your personal information from our records;
• Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes; or
• Raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used.
If you wish to find out more about these rights, or obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact us at:
The Dacorum Heritage Trust Ltd.,
The Museum Store,
Herts HP4 3YL
Tel: 01442 879525
(Please note this request must be in writing)